Monday, September 26, 2011

Awesomeness!

Rushing and running this morning. I don't even know why. I got up late but we still started devotions on time and the kids were on schedule...never the less, we were running late. I'm rushing Azy along, trying to help him understand the concept of; "If you don't hurry, you will miss breakfast." That should have worked because missing a meal is not something he is ever fond of. He isn't called Moose for nothing, but no. He was blathering on about wanting to stick his hand into the squash leaves to find the fat black and yellow spider that was there yesterday.

It was already 7:44 when we stepped onto the sidewalk. usually we are there by then. I was rushed and frustrated. I was a little on the harsh side as well, for which i am sorry. I didn't yell at him or anything..but I did pull him along a bit roughly. As we rushed along i was given the blessing of seeing 2 of the most beautiful things in my little world. 1st was the Firemen raising the flag. Such an inspiring moment when I see that symbol of the freedoms and honor I believe in with my whole heart raised above the treeline for all to see. Then, as we hurried past and into the school parking lot I turned towards the cafeteria doors and there was a rainbow. Not a huge one, but vivid and beautiful. I wanted to stop and take a picture, and honestly, i should have. I should have taken that moment to embed into my children's minds that Gods miracles are always worth being late to mans appointments for. Of course, i didn't. I encouraged them to look at it as we scuttled through the door and headed into school for breakfast.

Now I sit here and realize, I was given a small gift and I chose to waste it's full potential for what I had on my mind at that moment.  It always amazes me how God has a way of chastening us without any pain, fear or condemnation. I am not rebellious, or evil. Just saying that it could have gone differently. I am grateful for those two blessings today and hope I get a chance to take a picture of a rainbow to share. They really are wonderful miracles of a loving God. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment