Thursday, June 14, 2012

Breakfast Cookie Recipe

Yes! I did NOT find it...lol...but I wracked my brain for about 3 hrs until I finally remembered. I only had to ask Tabby for a little help (she's my little Irish sous chef :-) So from my heart to yours...here is one of my favorite recipes:

Breakfast Cookies

Breakfast Cookies*
(*this recipe makes ALLOT of cookies. About 36-40 palm sized cookies. Feel free to halve it. It works just as well)

Preheat oven to 375

In first bowl combine

1c. Unsweetened Apple Sauce
1c. Honey
4 RIPE Mashed Bananas
1/2 c. Dark Molasses
1 Stick of butter or margarine (softened)
2 Eggs
2Tbs. Cinnamon
1Tbs. Allspice
1 Tbs. Nutmeg

Mix on low until completely incorporated.

In second bowl combine

8 C. Quick Cooking Oats
5C. Unbleached Flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Baking Powder

Stir to combine.

Add 1 pkg. Semi Sweet or Dark Chocolate Chips to dry ingredients (I used Ghiradelli...yummmm)

Hand mix by 2 cupfuls at a time the dry into the wet. 

Fold in 2 c. of your favorite diced dried fruit**. (I use a mix of pineapple, mango and shaved coconut) Batter will be thick and sticky when ready.

I use a 1/3 c. measure for my cookies. Scoop, form into thick patty's and place about 1 1/2" apart on *lined cookie sheet. These cook for 15-17 minutes depending on how hot your oven runs. You could definitely do smaller cookies and less time. But even with a 1/4c. measure they still take 12-15. They are dense. They are awesome still warm but really good about 24 hrs later when they have rested. You can also pop them in the microwave on a paper towel for 20 seconds. They can be frozen in freezer bags for, up to, 3 weeks.


*I always line my cookie sheets with parchment but I grease them lightly as well.
**Bubba Does not like any kind of fruit in the cookies so we just omit that part and they taste fine.

I actually just found this recipe...lol It looks pretty good though and has stevia instead of the honey and molasses. If you're watching sugar and gluten this might be a good recipe for you :-)

individual baked oatmeal cups

No comments:

Post a Comment