Friday, January 13, 2012

Still thankful



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

George Bernard Shaw wrote,
“This is the true joy in life: Being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one,
being a force of nature instead of a feverish, selfish little clod of ailments and grievances, complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy.
I am of the opinion that my life belongs to the whole community and, as long as I live, it is my privilege to do for it what I can.
It is a sort of splendid torch which I have got hold of for the moment, and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it on to future generations.”


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~



Today I am thankful for hope. I'm thankful for courage. I'm thankful for purpose. Today I am thankful that I woke up this morning knowing that I would face trials, obstacles and interferences to the WAY in which I desire to go because those things remind me that I am indeed alive. Trials, when I persevere through them, refine my character. Obstacles become victories when overcome and interferences create room for God to work in my life where, without them, I may have tried to go it alone and missed the blessing of SEEING His love in action.

So today as I strive to "Be the change I want to see in the world" I am thankful that I have a direction to go and a Guide to lead me there, a Hero to save me when I fall and a Father to hold me when that fall hurts more than I ever thought it would.
I am thankful for another day to BE

No comments:

Post a Comment